The best birthday card ever

Well, these cards from students are almost deserving of their own blog! Not being much of birthday person I was happy to pass the the week before and after my birthday with a little secret. But late last week the secret was leaked by a friend who tutors Hyun A (one of my students) for extra cash while she studies.

My birthday was Sunday and Monday I walked into Hyun A's class to the loudest, 'HANA TUL SET (1 2 3)...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...' The class literally erupted into song, 'Happy Birthday' was followed 'Congratulations and Celebrations.' It made my day. Teaching has, of course, given me many irreplaceable and unforgettable experiences, but this was no doubt one I will never forget and never even attempt to replace.

I was then presented with a card and a gift, again completely unexpected. Below is the card (which is laminated!) It is surely the best card I've got from my students to date and possibly the best birthday card I'll ever receive.

No comments: